About ELINET Assocation
During the 20th European Conference on Literacy in Madrid (3 to 6 July 2017), the European ELINET Association was formally established as a non-profit association, in which all literacy professionals (researchers, practitioners and policy makers) will be able to network internationally.
The ELINET Association will offer individual and institutional membership and, in addition to the General Assembly and the Executive Committee, did set up six Thematic Working Groups (TWGs) around the following topics:
- Early Literacy (Chair: Prof. Dr. Eufimia Tafa, University of Crete, Greece)
- Primary Literacy (Chair: Prof. em. Dr. Renate Valtin, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany)
- Disciplinary & Adolescent Literacy (Chair: Prof. Dr. Christine Garbe, University of Cologne, Germany)
- Literacy and Migration (Chair: Viv Bird, ex Executive Director of Booktrust, UK)
- Digital Literacy (Chair: Dr. Fabio Nascimbeni, Universidad International de la Rioja, Spain)
- Literacy Research (Chair: Dr. Sari Sulkunen, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
The Association is open for new Thematic Working Groups and welcomes all people engaged in the field of Literacy to become a member.